Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
oh, too funny--see my comment in the pete christlieb thread, which is also yours as it turns out.

i now have to assume that you already own a copy of "apogee" ... but if not, seeing as how you're a fan of both marsh and christlieb, you owe it to yourself to track it down and snag it. cheers! --dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apogee

Yeah, I bought "Apogee" on vinyl when it first came out around 1979. I wore out my copy of that disc. Now have it on CD. Pete hated dealing with the ***an-Becker dweebs, but I think it is a good record anyway.

- SM

·
SOTW Administrator
26,204 Posts
SteveMarz said:
Yeah, I bought "Apogee" on vinyl when it first came out around 1979. I wore out my copy of that disc. Now have it on CD. Pete hated dealing with the ***an-Becker dweebs, but I think it is a good record anyway.

- SM
Dweebs?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steely

I love Steely Dan as much as anyone. But according to Pete Christlieb, those two had no business producing a jazz album. Pete said that ***an-Becker always picked the wrong takes for the record, as well as interfering with the musicians way too much. Warne was also disappointed with the way that record came out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts