1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,364 Posts
Can I flag one important point- there are no photos of the inside of the piece on your site- it'd be good to get a look at the business end of the thing

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
3,286 Posts
I know you guys have your Florida-like version with the STMNY conversion you do. Is this LA piece more like a ToneMaster or another model link?

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I know you guys have your Florida-like version with the STMNY conversion you do. Is this LA piece more like a ToneMaster or another model link?
To me, LA would hint at a higher baffle. But maybe they're using the cool school thing. Either way, it'd be more telling to have pictures of the interior then we wouldn't have to guess so much. They did manage to post interior pics of most if not all of their other mouthpieces so I'm sure it's just a matter of time or an oversight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The L.A. Tenor is more like a Florida era Link than anything else. The piece is not a copy of a Link though. The design is our concept on how to improve on the Link sound. We will get some pictures of the inside up by the end of the week. We've introduced a number of new products this week and getting all the information online is quite time consuming.

The L.A. Tenor has a no restocking fee trial on it so anyone curious is more than welcome to try one.

·
1,596 Posts
Wow, those look like pretty big chambers to me. Interesting. Can't wait to try one.
I was thinking the same thing,

The design seems similar to the Jody Jazz DVNY.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The design seems similar to the Jody Jazz DVNY.
That is actually pretty far from accurate. If you saw the two next to each other the differences are huge. Not one dimension or playing characteristic is the same and the pieces have very different concepts in sound as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No biteplate? How does that work, do you have to play it with a patch? They certainly look nice!!
Yes, you would use a patch. We supply a patch with the piece.

·
4,580 Posts
Wow that window is HUGE =O

Looking forward to reading/hearing a review on these once someone gets their hands on one (NEFF lol)

·
1,596 Posts
That is actually pretty far from accurate. If you saw the two next to each other the differences are huge. Not one dimension or playing characteristic is the same and the pieces have very different concepts in sound as well.
really? I'm comparing the photo from Jody's website and the L.A. and the thing I noticed thats the most different is the table, and how the DVNY has a squeeze on the window extension compared to the L.A. and it also looked like the L.A. had a slightly lower floor but thats all I could see....

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,793 Posts
really? I'm comparing the photo from Jody's website and the L.A. and the thing I noticed thats the most different is the table, and how the DVNY has a squeeze on the window extension compared to the L.A. and it also looked like the L.A. had a slightly lower floor but thats all I could see....
They do look similar. It looks like the Warburton chamber cuts into the baffle a bit probably to give it a bigger chamber. You don't know how similar until you play them. The facing curve I'm sure is different and the baffle is probably at a different angle. Each of those things makes a big difference. The window is humungous!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
...The facing curve I'm sure is different...
What makes you sure? Wasn't Eric the one facing the mouthpieces at JodyJazz? My guess is that the facing would be fairly similar.

What I'm pretty sure of is that pictures don't really tell the story on mouthpieces and if WarburtonUSA says that the two pieces are significantly different, I would tend to believe him.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,793 Posts
What makes you sure? Wasn't Eric the one facing the mouthpieces at JodyJazz? My guess is that the facing would be fairly similar.

What I'm pretty sure of is that pictures don't really tell the story on mouthpieces and if WarburtonUSA says that the two pieces are significantly different, I would tend to believe him.
Oh Yeah.........I forgot about that. I just assume they would be different because each mouthpiece guy has there own favorite curves and measurements. Jody Jazz pieces always played different for me. I always had to use a harder reed than I did on other mouthpieces of the same tip opening. I was using 4's on my ESP .105 when other mouthpieces at .105 I was using 3's. The Warburton pieces I have here don't require that harder reed so I just assume the curve is different.

·
2,118 Posts
That's good common sense! No reason to incur design and manufacture cost for a sometimes hard-to-replace part when patches are so cheap and easy. Hooray for good ideas!
Really? I'd rather have a biteplate - it's more than just cosmetic.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts