Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a couple of their C* facing pieces for alto about a year ago. I was not terribly impressed with them. They were very bright and edgy. Had a friend try them out too and he thought they were jazz pieces. They were also difficult to find a reed that worked well with them. Maybe the wo I got were duds, but they were sent back post haste.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,892 Posts
I tried one. I found the same issues as kasparguy, so they went back.

Ponzol also makes an S-80 style piece...someone gave me one and I tried it for a little bit. It wasn't exactly my cup of tea either...played more like a Meyer than a classical piece.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was especially disappointed in that I was hoping to find something a bit more affordable than an S-80 for students. I thought the Warburtons being custom hand-faced pieces, might be a better option. I've never been a fan of S-80's in general, especially due to the price and inconstancy issues. Looks like I'll be sticking with my Rousseau NC4 recommendation, or a refaced Soloist-style Selmer for the more serious/advanced students.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.