Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is unique among wind controllers in that you can use your mouth for pressure or a bag like a bag pipe. I have had most all the brands of wind controllers and I wouldn't say it can do what they can with the exception of lip vibrato as there is no lip sensor. This has not been and issue as it works better for whistle, pipe or other sounds. More like keyboard with added controls for vol and finger vibrato. I didn't feel there was much of a risk but when I bought it there were no sax fingerings as his target market was "whistle blowers" and pipers. It is a midi controller and I had all the ios and Mac hardware and sounds and software. Within a week we developed sax-like fingerings using the 8 holes. A sax player would have to get use to using an arm and other fingerings to get notes below D and A# G# in the two upper octaves. To get in the altissimo range you have to do what is known as overblow. I would say it is not as difficult as going from sax to clarinet. Support is great and the developer responds quickly on his forum or email. I use my Macbook for the wind controller I have (AE 10g) and find that the WARBL works better for me on an ipad. My goal is to use both my AE 10 and the WARBL in bag mode and I already have a rig for that. Used a 40 year old boda bag for the bag as it had straps and held air. Optical sensors are working great and there are many adjustments you can make using an app or the web page conf tool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts