Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk if this is possible but I want to try and get all the mechanisms silver or nickle plated. I haven't been able to find anything on the web about this so some advice would help A lot. Thanks -Dominik

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Well to do that would cost you several thousand dollars not really worth it . Get a Yanigasawa sterling soprano sax instead

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,076 Posts
The problem is that you need to remove all of the pads, Pearls, corks and have them replaced. If you do the body too, the springs have to go. Very expensive. What brand is it?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dominik, why would you deliberately pay out lots of dollars to make your Soprano Sax look like a cheap Asian import?!...

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
I once had this done years ago to a 107... Mark VI soprano. It needed a complete repad so I had the keywork which had lost a lot of lac silverplated to match my original 108... Mark VI alto with silver keys. I like the lac with silver plated keys finish . My first Mark V1 alto which was ordered new had this option. The 2 oldtimers in the shop recommended it to my mother who was buying me the horn. Lots of European horns have this two tone look and Selmer silverplate is very thick and attractive and very durable. If your pads are good I wouldn't bother to be honest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is that you need to remove all of the pads, Pearls, corks and have them replaced. If you do the body too, the springs have to go. Very expensive. What brand is it?
It's a Selmer Paris I got in 2012 forgot what model it was.

Dominik, why would you deliberately pay out lots of dollars to make your Soprano Sax look like a cheap Asian import?!...
I was just look at options, since I had my Clarinet keys gold plated I wanted to have the Soprano Sax keys Silver. Just for my own enjoyment but looking at price I'd be better off buying another Saxophone.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
I once thought of getting my '45 Martin Comm III tenor silver plated and then my tech told me how much that would cost (in euros) and I dropped the idea like a hot potato.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts