Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
That is a ripoff 11 grand I know somewhere you could get a MArk VI for 4 or 5 grand not 11

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
4,842 Posts
Well, you can't warn anybody any longer. Ebay saw to that by starting up their policy of making bidders anonymous. That also keeps you from being able to check into the bidders and see if someone is shill bidding their own item up.

Good ol' Ebay. Anything to keep the fees coming in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have turned this in twice and had it shut down. I turned this one in again and it is still running.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe it was this same seller that sent me a phony second chance offer on a Buescher curved soprano after I was outbid. He told me the winning bidder was unable to pay because his daughter was sick (what the heck?), but after a couple email replies I became suspicious and didn't send payment. A week later, the "winning bidder" had left a positive feedback thanking the seller for fast shipment, etc. This kind of crap is a huge problem for those of us that would like to keep Ebay an honest and open marketplace.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,116 Posts
About a year ago I got a second chance offer on a Martin Bari that I got outbid on. Problem was that TJ had the horn and posted here on SOTW. I love it when I can reply that I know who has it......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebay finally pulled the auction. Hopefully no one got burned.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
4,684 Posts
bruce bailey said:
About a year ago I got a second chance offer on a Martin Bari that I got outbid on. Problem was that TJ had the horn and posted here on SOTW. I love it when I can reply that I know who has it......
I got a 2nd chance offer on a tenor I'd already won and paid for !

the offer stating the high bidder was unable to complete the transaction

"Umm, that would be me .." ;)

unbelievable, these scammers..

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had one once. The guy and I decided to trade horns. Right at the end of the auction I got an e-mail (from some scammer) saying "I will end it early for you if you pay $4000". The guy and I had been on the phone about 2 minutes before the e-mail. I called him back and he said it wasn't him.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,116 Posts
Trrp, you should have asked the guy if you could get a refund from him and get it for the second chance offer price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts