Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
They are both in the same stratospheric price bracket too...lots of similarities in them it seems.

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
See specs here:
Lamberson
Wanne

The Wanne has a much larger chamber. I've not had a chance to play it yet, though I had (and sold) a Lamberson FMaj7, which has a smaller squeeze chamber like a Soloist.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2013
1,757 Posts
Saxissa,
Lamberson made different models; F^7, M, SB, etc. He also customized each to suit individuals tastes. I have seen a wide variety between his F^7's- from a bullet chamber like a Berg to a larger chamber and everything in between. Each one hand made and finished, so mpc. to mpc. will be different.

I think Ron Coelho, RPC mouthpieces, started under Fred Lamberson. Ron's pieces can be somewhat customized as well, but better to have a sound in mind wen you want to order one. I think his soprano mpc's are all small chambers.

Theo Wanne's are pretty much the same in different tip sizes, mass produced but hand finished.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2013
1,757 Posts
Steve,
What model do you have and please post you thoughts.
I love your site, thanks for sharing all your info.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, SOTW Better late than neve
4,272 Posts
I have two F^7's and a Gaia. They're not very alike. The F^7 has a sweeter and alittle brighter tone over the Gaia's warmer character. The F^7 is very responsive in the upper end of the horn. The Gaia is better in the lower end over the F^7. The Gaia is more free blowing. The F^7 has some resistance.

As he mentioned above, Steve has my F^7 hard rubber 0.70 I sent him to review. I really am interested in hearing him play it and his thoughts about it. Hopefully he'll post soon.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, SOTW Better late than neve
4,272 Posts
I just put it up right around the time you were posting this. Thanks TJ for letting me borrow it. http://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2011/06/lamberson-f-major-soprano-saxophone-mouthpiece/ The gaia and F Maj are very different to play. I really love both of them. I would agree 100% with TJ's analysis of the Lamberson above.
You're welcome. You're clip sounds awesome! Personally, I like the F^7 sweet tone better. But, the Gaia is such a great playing mp I'm using that now.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,786 Posts
You're welcome. You're clip sounds awesome! Personally, I like the F^7 sweet tone better. But, the Gaia is such a great playing mp I'm using that now.
I agree. I liked the sweetness of it. Kind of a ringing singing quality. The Gaia is darker and fatter sounding in my opinion. One isn't better than the other though. I love both of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts