Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my wall mount sax stands from saxco.uk. These are the the Locoparasaxo ones. They are very well built, have an adjustable bell rest, look great and secure to the wall very well. Not to mention how hip it looks having my saxes hang like art in the living room.

These are my practice horns at my girlfriends house. :)

I highly recommend them. Link provided below.

http://www.sax.co.uk/acatalog/Locoparasaxo_wall_stands.html

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
you couldn't pay me enough to hang my horns on the wall like that...but good for you

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
I got those and the soprano wall stand also.Love mine.Very safe and as you say they look great up there.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stands are attached to the wall by three anchors screws each into quality drywall. Each anchor screw is designed to hold 75lbs for a total of 225lbs of support. I think they are safe unless I happened to live in California or some other earthquake prone area.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
Your girlfriend let you hang up horns on her wall? She's a keeper! :bluewink:

My question about these is how well they fit saxes with split or LH bell keys. The String Swing wall mounted stands I use aren't the most LH/split friendly. But unlike this stand that has the rests/supports attached to a rod in front of the bell, String Swing attaches them on the left side of the bell.

you couldn't pay me enough to hang my horns on the wall like that...but good for you
Right now I have a S20 tenor, 28M, and NW I tenor hanging in my music room in the same fashion.

I've never had any issues with wall mounted stands. I think it's great to keep a few off the floor, while also keeping them easy to grab and go. I definitely could see why some people wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of them though.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Your girlfriend let you hang up horns on her wall? She's a keeper! :bluewink:

My question about these is how well they fit saxes with split or LH bell keys. The String Swing wall mounted stands I use aren't the most LH/split friendly. But unlike this stand that has the rests/supports attached to a rod in front of the bell, String Swing attaches them on the left side of the bell.

Right now I have a S20 tenor, 28M, and NW I tenor hanging in my music room in the same fashion.

I've never had any issues with wall mounted stands. I think it's great to keep a few off the floor, while also keeping them easy to grab and go. I definitely could see why some people wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of them though.
You can adjust the lower support so you could find a better fit on these stands.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,600 Posts
I like them, but too bad about the price. That's about what I pay for my horns.

For those of you who wouldn't risk hanging your sax on a wall rack, you could screw these racks to the floor just to be safe. (There should be a smiley face here if I knew how to post one).

Mark

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These hang out from the wall with plenty of clearance for LH bell keys.

·
Forum Contributor 2014, Distinguished SOTW Member
2,087 Posts
I like them, but too bad about the price.
Mark
Here's a cheap alternative. I put up a piece of 4x8 pegboard on a wall in my office (the kind with little holes all over it). You can buy a straight "hook" peg with a little lip on the end of it. Simply hang the horn on the peg by the strap hook. Not quite as nice looking as Locoparasaxo, but I could hang 50horns for half the price of one of those.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That just wouldn't fit the decor in the living room but thanks for the tip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts