Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm back from band camp. I picked up my tenor from Rit Music today. It is PERFECT!!! Wendal did redeem himself. I got the resos, thin sheep skin pads, and a better adjustment, and ALL the dents removed. I didn't ask for that! The only way I can describe the sound is SULTRY. Daughter No. 1 says "Now that's a sax". Bandmommy is VERY happy. I guess it pays to kick butt and take names.

For those of you who have been to band camp,,, The cabins were bad, the food,,, WORSE. Showers,,,,EEEEEEWWWWW. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. The kids were great and the band sounds awesome.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I followed your Vulgar repairman thread with interest and am so glad you got a good result. congratulations:D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
Congratulations! I admire your sticktoittivity and am glad you got it straightened out. Thrilled to hear it plays so well, too! Been following the thread and rooting for you. Thanks for keeping us informed. You go girl! :)

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Glad it turned out well. A good example to all of us of how putting your foot down without going berserk can get a result.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2011
774 Posts
Yes, well done :)
Here in Spain "polite persistence" is a requirement for getting many things done ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
i just wish the same'd happen to one of my local techs,
his shop is here in Cambridge, but they don't tell you that for a repair or even an estimate of the price of a repair they charge you £50 UKP extra to ship it to him, since he is now living in Wales?!?!?!?!
i sent my old yamaha to him once and it came back worse than before, i couldn't play anything below G, all the pads he should've regulated or replaced were still there, some torn and others almost totally black.

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Yes, but whatever happened to the Vulgar Boatman? :D

Seriously BandMommy - GREAT JOB!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
Well that restores my faith in humanity a bit:) Congratulations.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,962 Posts
bandmommy said:
For those of you who have been to band camp,,, The cabins were bad, the food,,, WORSE. Showers,,,,EEEEEEWWWWW.
No bugs?

Congrats!

·
19,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dr G, The bugs were horrible!!! I got up at 4:15 to shower before the girls got up at 5. The sight of Bandmommy in the morning is not fit for human eyes. I shared the showers with moths, june bugs, and other assorted winged life forms. Spiders and Ants in the cabins, and Mosquitos big as Vultures. A few nights we had raccoons rummaging about outside. I LOVE BAND CAMP!!!!!

Now I'm showing sheep at our County Fair. We have 12 of our 28 head entered. So far my girls and I have come out of the show ring with 4 Grand Champion ribbons, 2 second place, 1 third and a fourth. Not bad for only being back yard breeders. Tomorrow we sell some of our market lambs and bring what is left home on Saturday. I can't wait to get some sleep!!! Bandmommy is starting to feel like Band Granny.

·
19,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kaplac, I don't know if you are a director or student, but we have found that going away to camp gets more accomplished in a shorter amount of time. We had breakfast at 7am, Drill from 8-12, Lunch, Sectionals from 1-2 then drill with instruments. Free time from 3-5, Supper, more drill with instruments from 6-9pm. Then free time and lights out at 11. We arrived at camp on Sunday afternoon, and had the entire show nearly competition ready by the time we came home on Friday. 24 of our 86 band members are Freshman. By the end of camp you couldn't tell them from the Seniors. The only complaints from these kids were about the cabins, food, showers, and bugs!! If you have a competitive marching band, this is the way to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts