Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,773 Posts
I read that right before I went to bed last night, around 3 in the morning. I hoped that I had misread the news, but I guess I didn't.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
He should be popping in from SH5 anytime. We can only hope.

So it goes.

·
Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,945 Posts
30 years ago in 11th Grade, I was assigned Kurt Vonnegut for my "author's report".

I was required to read "Breakfast of Champions". but ended up reading "Slaughterhouse 5", "The Sirens of Titan", "Mother Night", "Happy Birthday, Wanda June", "Player Piano" and "Slapstick" and "Cat's Cradle". I was not a fiction reader before this project. Even as a naive 17 year old, something in his works spoke to me, and I voraciously read every piece of his fiction I could get my hands on in a short time (maybe 2 weeks) prior to completing my author's report.

I will be heading to the library today to check out and re-read these books that were important to me.

So it goes, indeed.

There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president. --Vonnegut

Steve

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
He was a major hero of mine in high school when the adjoining school district was banning his books. Good bye Kilgore Trout.

·
6,862 Posts
Well there you go, another nail in the coffin of enlightened liberal humanism. Come and get me Ms. Moon Glompers!

R.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've always told myself that I'd re-read his books. I think I was too young when I read them the first time. I have this thing that I do when one of my music idols passes on: I go out and buy one of their cd's. for Kurt, I shall go out and buy one of his books.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
May he rest in peace.
Love,
Akiko;)

·
1,310 Posts
his hole closed..

R.I.P.

He will be missed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
:d

·
Banned
1,921 Posts
Wow, this is horrible. And quite a coincidence. I heard the news while I was writing a new chart called "Goodbye, Blue Monday." Well, now I suppose it rally has a meaning to it. "Breakfast of Champions" Is my all-time favorite novel...ever.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts