Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that after a few hours of playing with a bar band, I sometimes nearly lose my voice. Like when you've been shout/talking in a place that's too loud. I don't know if I'm unconsciously vocalizing while I'm playing or what. Anyone else encountered this? Would be a big problem if I needed to sing in addition to playing...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,934 Posts
Do you hydrate - with water?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,934 Posts
Levity aside, it’s something that I learned decades ago when I studied voice. I still make it a practice to drink about a liter of water each set when playing with a big band and moving a lot of air. Even if you are not using your voice, your vocal cords may dehydrate, leaving you hoarse at the end of the night.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Levity aside, it’s something that I learned decades ago when I studied voice. I still make it a practice to drink about a liter of water each set when playing with a big band and moving a lot of air. Even if you are not using your voice, your vocal cords may dehydrate, leaving you hoarse at the end of the night.
I drink about half a bottle of water over the course of several hours. Maybe not enough and I'll definitely test that - thx:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts