Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has ? Or had a Saxophone Vito, can you tell us about, it's good or bad ?
Alto, Tenor, Soprano ...

And Vito saxophones, built in the 80's in Taiwan, which is the factory that made ​​them ? It was the Yanagisawa ?

Thanks !

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,840 Posts
Well Yanagisawa is in Japan.........Jupiter is in Taiwan.

Vito Pascucci was a very intelligent entrepreneur in the American music business and always imported among the best available instruments .
Vito's made by Yamaha, Leblanc, Yanagisawa are definitely among the best products on the market.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I play tenor saxophone, and I'm thinking of buying a soprano sax Vito, and I never heard of the brand, so I went searching and discovered over the stencil saxophones ...
Perhaps test today, the Vito saxophone.

·
38,840 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's very similar, would have to look very carefully, but it sure is better preserved. So far, all I know is that the serial number, which still have not, the seller, who see in person today, informed me that it is probably the 80's, was brought from the United States, purchased from a directly from 1st owner, who was a saxophonist for the band. The good thing is that the vendor has all the papers into the case, including the import documents validated. He did not know if the saxophone is a student, intermediate or professional.

·
38,840 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is here

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The brand is written a little differently

·
38,840 Posts
Mmmmmmmm this is a Vito Jupiter........not as good

·
38,840 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is, the seller here, asks for U$ 1,392,00

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for your clarification, because I was thinking it might be a Yanagisawa...

·
38,840 Posts
That is, the seller here, asks for U$ 1,392,00
The seller asks that much for a Jupiter/Vito? I think that the seller needs a reality check.

·
38,840 Posts
I have had a Martin " the martin" with Stainless Steel springs , a YTS 61 a YTS 62 I, all with stainless Steel spring and all officially and universally accepted as professional horns (none of these have needle springs)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,970 Posts
I'm not sure if you can call a horn with stainless steel instead of the needle springs a pro horn. I wouldn't and I have an old T5 tenor that has the stainless.
I get a kick out of the parameters people sometimes use to interpret a horn as being "professional". I always laughed at those who automatically think nickel keywork = student horn.

But this one sorta has to take the cake.

It's not a pro model because the springs are stainless ! ?

Really ?....really...?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,970 Posts
The seller asks that much for a Jupiter/Vito? I think that the seller needs a reality check.
Those aren't bad horns (for a contemporary soprano).... but no Yanagisawa.

Market Value for a Taiwanese Vito Soprano here in u.s. is about $500-600.

·
38,840 Posts
in any case not 3 times as much its value as the seller seems to be asking............

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know, here in Brazil, we have to pay 3 x the value, anything we import. In practice, it is what happens! You know why?
It is because we have to pay 60% tax to our government. Even on the freight, and some other fees. In the end, here we have no good saxophone for less than $ 1,000.00. For this amount is only Saxophones Chinese.
Yesterday I tried some new Saxophones Sopranos. This Saxophone Vito made ​​in Taiwan, and I loved the saxophone, enjoyed it so much I bought it. I thought he was superior in sound and construction.
I know, I understand that for the American market, is absurd, an unfair price, but this is the reality in our country.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Someone advise some brand of reed to use along with Selmer S80 C * mouthpiece that came with this Soprano Saxophone ?
Came along a reed Vandoren Traditional brand new, which I found too heavy, maybe a No. 2 ? What do you think?
My pretense, is a fat, dark sound. And comfort, to play for about 3 hours straight.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts