Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Yup. Which flavor? Japan by the serial? What does it need?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Depending on how scratched/dented it is and what kind of shape the pads are in and how well your photograph and describe it, altos go on eBay from 85-300. Really, really nice and very lucky they occasionally go a little more. Most finish in the 125-225 range.
Here I struggled to get 150 including shipping for a decent one with old pads for a friend.

·
Registered
158 Posts
saintsday said:
Here I struggled to get 150 including shipping for a decent one with old pads for a friend.
Awh... John. You're gonna make me feel guilty, now!:oops: I took it to the beach for a week and gave it a good workout. Plays great!

Jefferson: IMO, these are very undervalued horns. (Especially for students, marching band, backup horns, etc.) Can't beat 'em for the price. You may just want to hang on to it as a backup.... Or send it to me! ..... No, better yet, keep it and send me your VII.;)

·
Researcher, Teacher and Horn Revitalizer, Forum Co
3,510 Posts
I love the Vito altos and tenors. Great instruments and a great tone for the money. I had a tenor for a while and it played great. But I'll keep my VIIs myself

but unfortunately they don't do well on the resale. unless you really need the money i'd keep it. who knows, you might want to take up the sax one day (or a child)

G

·
By the way, that Japan horn is a Yamaha made version. Basically a
YAS 23 in Vito clothes. If you plan to sell it on Ebay, list it as Yamaha
made. This may help bring a couple more bucks. Even Yanagisawa made
horns for Vito, they have the Yanagisawa emblem on them as well.

·
Researcher, Teacher and Horn Revitalizer, Forum Co
3,510 Posts
Toobz said:
By the way, that Japan horn is a Yamaha made version. Basically a
YAS 23 in Vito clothes. If you plan to sell it on Ebay, list it as Yamaha
made. This may help bring a couple more bucks. Even Yanagisawa made
horns for Vito, they have the Yanagisawa emblem on them as well.
Yani made the soprano and baris.
Yamaha the Alto and Tenors

before Yamaha and Yani I believe Beaugnier made the Vitos .. and who knows who else

1 - 9 of 9 Posts