Sax on the Web Forum banner

Vito French Tenor

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Grey Stone 
#1 · (Edited)
So I saw a post several weeks ago and thought.. Nah. that is way to deep in Los Angeles.. It just so happened, that yesterday had some free time and I thought what the heck.. I stepped out of my van and from 3 different houses pitbulls charged their fences from the gated community, on all windows.. kind of gives you a perspective of the dumb things I go through for an old sax..... The good thing is that it plays and everything is there, I think, except for the thumb rest button and it looks like some type of guard.... It is stamped made in France with Serial Number: 16685. I believe the neck is not the original but he stated may have other parts in the case and he just needs to find it in the garage which is a mess.. I figure worst case someone can use some parts. Any insight would be great.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a Beaugnier Model 37 tenor. The neck does not look like the original neck.

Put into proper playing condition they play very well, but they do not resell for too much.

#10 · (Edited)
Yes I paid a whopping 60 dollars for it... I know I probably should have moved on but if you would have seen where I was at I just quickly gave the guy the money and jumped right in my Van and got out of there. I didn't really want to tell the guy I would pass as it he seemed pretty lit and kept telling me, yeah ever since the band broke up man, it's just been sitting there man, but it plays man.. I am thinking, when 1972?

#13 ·
The neck is a Bundy 1...probably NOT a bad choice as a replacement neck for one of these, interestingly Beaugnier Tenors are pretty replacement neck-friendly.

Not a piece of Junk, it was their 'standard' model horn. But in completely refurbed shape, only worth around $750. Sound great, feel nice under fingers, intonation with original neck is quite good. As I said I have had good luck with tone/intonation using replacement necks.

So...depends on what it is being sold for. If $200....you put $500 into it and it can be a nice player.

In LA, however, tech estimates may well come back over $1000. If you buy it and that is what the repair estimates start coming in at, contact me....I can likely do it for less if you don't mind shipping it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.