Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Vito Sax. The only markings I can find are: Vito on the bell, the number 081676 with Japan stamped below it . If I am following the serial number chart correctly this horn would be a 1987 Yamaha manufactured horn model 7131RK. Is that correct? What would be it's current value? It is in "just like new condition" previous owner played it about 4 months then quit. It has been in case ever since. Til last night when I popped it out and began to play, beautiful sound. I'm an ex clarinet player so I am still adjusting. Can anyone help me with any info? thank you so very much, Gayle

·
Registered
197 Posts
mine is very close to yours though i don't remember the serial # off the top of my head right now. mine is a bit banged up at the lip of the bell and paid about $250 shipped. it's a very good sax though it's on the bright side for my taste. a good mouthpiece setup tamed it down closer to my liking. i compared it to a yamaha 23 and it's identical except for lacquer color and other small things.
good luck you'll have fun with it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've got one in the 93xxx range. I agree a little bright, but plays nice for the price. Just a word of warning though, if your case has the neck spot next to the bell, be sure it is a tight fit. The previous owner of mine let the neck rattle around next to the bell and the lacquer is pretty much gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts