Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serial is A5888

According to seller made in 1965 , A in front of serial means sax was put together in USA with french parts , does not sound like it was made by beaugnier ?!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The bell-to-body brace at least looks very Beaugnier. And is that a vintage Link included in the sale? Might be worth it for that alone, depending on the asking price.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Bell brace and LH little finger keys look exactly like Beaugnier.

I suppose it could have been assembed in USA from imported parts.

Honestly, the history of saxophones marked "Vito" is so convoluted that my eyes roll back in my head and I stop paying attention when the details start getting discussed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,134 Posts
Looks right to me.

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
351 Posts
It's a Kenosha assembled Beaugnier identical to my first saxophone in 1966. This was the student line assembled in the USA, not a bad saxophone at all, I still have one for nostalgia purposes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bell-to-body brace at least looks very Beaugnier. And is that a vintage Link included in the sale? Might be worth it for that alone, depending on the asking price.
Ottolink STM 5, the vintage one ? !

He is asking 420$ for sax and mouthpiece

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I'm really no expert, but would guess it's a later Link from the location of the tip size marking on the shank. If the "Super" is in quotation marks (inverted commas), then it might be from the 80's or early 90's; apparently these can be very good players. If not, it might well be a modern Link, which tend to meet with more a mixed reception.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,711 Posts
That is a modern link worth about 75 bucks (on a good day). The size is on the shank, not the side. Some play ok..a ton of them are tubby.

I dont know how the pads and such are but the price seems a bit high to me if you are in the US.

Not insane but high. Perhaps Jaye will pipe in. I dont constantly watch the market. Good little horns though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts