Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my dad's old sax stand and can't quite figure out how to put it together properly. My son and I got it together, but it doesn't seem tall enough to hold the tenor. Here's a photo of the parts (although I feel certain something is missing) - we'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer on how to assemble it correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To quote my son, "Whoa, somebody got back to you already?"
Thanks so much! Now we need to figure out what the heck could have happened to the missing parts.
As long as I have a contact, I'll hit you with another question: my son will be using my Mark VI tenor, which was also my dad's, but it needs a new case first. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
You're welcome...we're a speedy bunch here on SOTW :).

In regard to the VI, you're son is a lucky guy! As you probably already know, VI's are a highly coveted sax (and quite valuable).

There are a ton of case options out there. Apart from the original case, mine spent time in three other cases...a Selmer Vanguard case, a Selmer flight case (by BAM), and a Pro Tec contoured case (the current equivalent of my case is the XL).

Ultimately it boils down to your budget for a case and what your son needs/wants out of a case (tons of storage, backpack straps, light weight, etc).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes! These are so cool! You have all the pieces except the longer bar that supports the horse shoe for a tenor. You will need to find one of these or it will not work for your Mark VI tenor as the bow of the sax will likely touch the floor. To assemble you do not need the large square piece except for when you are supporting two horns (alto and tenor) at the same time. You can simply use one of the wing nuts and a washer to secure the long bar with the long notch and a curve at one end to the extended tri-pod and then you push one of the felt covered horse shoes (small one for your alto and the larger one for the tenor) onto the end of the long support bar. The flute / clarinet peg will screw into one of the threaded holes on the extended arms. If you would be interested in selling the smaller felt covered horseshoe, please let me know. Good luck! Bill

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
:scratch:

note the OP only has 8 posts from 5+ years ago. I doubt he is still around to read your entry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts