Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old J.W. York Alto sax from back when they put the B natural PAD on the left side of the bell and the B flat PAD on the right. The case I currently have has a lot of bouncing room for my sax and was looking for one that was a little more secure. I like cases like this:

http://www.saxquest.com/productDetails.asp?ProductCode=BAMTrekTenor#photos

but really anything will do at this point. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,303 Posts
dylan: I have a similar BAM case for my B&S Medusa alto (modern design). Frankly, I think they are overpriced but then again, I take good care of my horns INSIDE their cases and don't bounce them around. In my view, if one exercises care for their stuff, damage IN the case is less likely to happen.

SO, I'd look at a Pro-Tek case for a lot less money. I don't think the vintage split-bell pads would be a problem . . . I've carried my early '20's TT alto in a Pro-Tek. My Ref 54 is in a leather Pro-Tek and even the leather Pro-Tek wasn't half the cost of that BAM case you linked. DAVE

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,119 Posts
I find the protec shaped case fits all my vintage horns with the opposing bell keys. I think they are about $100 new. I sell used ones for about $65.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
A Gator GL works well with split bell keys for about 70 new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts