Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm going to sell my Pan American Elkhart USA Alt Saxophone:
- Nice vintage look
- No repairs needed imo
- Dent at the bottom but no impact on tone
- Serial number 165251

Pictures: here

Could you advise me on the age, more specific model and what it's worth?

Thanks in advance!
Alexander

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
The dented bow is gonna impact the market value. Here in US, worth around $325 as you describe it. IF all the pads are on the new side, then yes you could argue worth maybe $375.

These are solid players but not good-sellers.

It's a 1955.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
The dented bow is gonna impact the market value. Here in US, worth around $325 as you describe it. IF all the pads are on the new side, then yes you could argue worth maybe $375.

These are solid players but not good-sellers.

It's a 1955.....
Thanks for your reply. Pads are all replaced so they鈥檙e ok!

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
OK, so yes, new pads then $350-375 is a fair asking price. That bow dent is still decreasing market value by $50 or so.

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
If the "soft" case is included, you would be above $400 if you find a purchaser who appreciates a good case. The case appears to be the same as the Soundwear Professional case, one of my favorites. It looks soft, but definitely has more protection than the original coffin case. With a little alteration, they can be as protective as the expensive hard sided flight cases. Plus, the backpack straps actually work.

If the mouthpiece is a vintage Meyer 6M, then it's worth $1,400. Not to me, but maybe to somebody.

Mark

Registered
It's a Conn 6M, kind of, may be relacquered (though at this level of value, who cares?) Neck is not original. Hopefully the neck is a Conn neck; but I don't remember seeing Conn alto necks with that shape octave key. The mouthpiece shown in the photos is not a Meyer.

"Pads replaced" doesn't necessarily mean "pads correctly replaced and sealing tight all the way down to low Bb"

If I tried this horn out and it played pianissimo down to low Bb, I would probably go as high as $300. (I recently bought a Martin Committee 1 alto in slightly better visual condition for about that.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts