Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just browsing ebay and came across some vintage otto link mouthpiece boxes ranging in price from around $200-$225. I'm quite flabbergasted to say the least. My teacher has dozens of old link mouthpiece boxes scatter around his studio. Because he is not a big fan of the net, I will have to inform him at the next lesson, what prices they are listing for. He might just be able to retire sooner rather than later.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,948 Posts
Just browsing ebay and came across some vintage otto link mouthpiece boxes ranging in price from around $200-$225. I'm quite flabbergasted to say the least. My teacher has dozens of old link mouthpiece boxes scatter around his studio. Because he is not a big fan of the net, I will have to inform him at the next lesson, what prices they are listing for. He might just be able to retire sooner rather than later.
Won't be long before the counterfeit boxes start to appear then/

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
7,906 Posts
There’s alway plenty of these old boxes on eBay etc at stupid prices,
Doesn’t mean they’re selling.
It’s the contents of the box that matters, not the idiotic price some twit puts on it.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yep. Pretty soon the twits will be selling the top and bottom of the boxes separately.

Thankfully the Metal Link lig screws aren't removable.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
7,906 Posts
Yep. Pretty soon the twits will be selling the top and bottom of the boxes separately.

Thankfully the Metal Link lig screws aren't removable.
That’s another thing.
I have a few of these T Ligs for STM and not one of them secures a reed sufficiently for my liking.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Sometimes I think some of these sellers set up fake buys, maybe from another account of their own or from a friend somewhere else. It can create the appearance that things are in higher demand than they actually are. If people think that things are selling like hot cakes or at very high prices it can artificially inflate the perceived value of a thing. There is probably a name for it in the business world and it is probably illegal. But then again there are plenty of legal ways to work a crowd over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts