Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,496 Posts
Why not just fix it? These are great horns and a bit of pad floating and sorting out the octave pads should make a nice horn. The octave key crossover is a place that needs to be addressed on these.

· Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,496 Posts
I kind of agree, the horn is 1928-29 with the high F#, just about the best you can get for a vintage Martin with a street price of US$ 1200.- and up. Don't let the grudge about the seller get in the way of having a great horn, even if it doesn't turn out to be the bargain you thought it would be. Sometimes you luck out, sometimes you get what you pay for. At the price you paid, it is not really a rip off, and the alternative is years of remorse of not having "that one horn that got away". I am just playing devil's advocate but maybe you just weigh your losses, give the seller a really bad rating on ebay and enjoy that Martin for years to come.
I have never seen a vintage soprano with a high F# or even a front F (except Holton front F).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.