Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 old Otto LINK metal ligatures. Few years ago, I've heard they were worth $90~$130/pc , depends on the models. Im thinking of selling them. How much are they worth now? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,476 Posts
Depends on the buyer.
To me they’re worthless as I don’t like them.
But some think they’re good.
The one In the middle looks like It may be the more sought after of them.
The one on the right looks like a modern lig to me.
I’ve seen them advertised for $90-$100 or so, but I’m not sure if they sell for this amount.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Ligature worth is equal to quality, suitability and fit. Personally I like them but find they are very limited to mouthpiece fit.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,151 Posts
the prices are all over the place, mostly fueled by sellers, I am not sure who buys them and why , frankly I find it pretty ridiculous to pay €200 for a ligature just because it is old

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,289 Posts
C is likely not worth much. A and B both are. You should check out Theo’s site to identify how old they are and go from there. I think C is the most recent (so, not all that valuable), the A and last B. That said, I’m really no expert. I have several of them and I generally like them but don’t use them often.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was looking for a Selmer 404 lig a while back and saw the B on Ebay for 120 I guess if you were patient and could wait a while you would get someone who just could not stop themselves having an original lig for their Florida.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You can find a molded 404 for about $50. I found a new one last year for $80. As for the link ligs, If you have the cap with the lig it’s more. I think I saw them for the $75ish range but, you could possibly get $100 for one from the right person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts