Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been searching for a mouthpiece extremely like the old otto links, something like dexter gordon or coltrane would have played. Otto link claims to have made a new "vintage" series that is like the old otto links, but Jody Jazz also makes the dv series that people say are like the old links. Has anyone played any of these mouthpieces, and if so what's your opinion? Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,640 Posts
DVs are nothing like links in any way shape or form. You might want to try a barone Hollywood or Jazz. You could have one of the many good mouthpiece guys on this sight turn a modren link into a vintage one for you.

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
I think you'll find the Vintage Series Tone Master to be darker than what Dexter Gordon or John Coltrane might have played. The Jody Jazz DV is nothing like an old Otto Link. I suggest you take a look at the Warburton modified Otto Link STM-NY.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,640 Posts
I guess that a DVNY is somewhat like a Link in it's nature, but a DV certainly isn't.
I know that is how they market the DVNY but it honestly doesn't feel, sound, respond or is as flexible in sound as a link.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
You should PM Sakshama and get him to make you a Florida Link,there amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts