Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9,387 Posts
I have seen a lot of WWBW Kings and Super Kings. They were CNC Copies of the late handmade (hand finished) DG mouthpieces which were made from CNC blanks.

The handmade SK you have looks similar to the WWBW SK. The throat is still round like in the King only it is offset toward the table. That makes the lower baffle going into the throat higher and a tad brighter. The sound is dominated by the baffle which is the same in both. I personally do not think there is a significant difference unless you have one of each side by side to compare. Even then, you would probably choose which ever one had the better facing work.

· Registered
9,387 Posts
I mentioned the WWBW King and Super King differences because they represent copies of what Dave was producing by “hand” at that time. Dave and Jeff met with the WWBW company and gave them examples of what should be copied for the LT models. I have seen oval and round handmade throats. But the round ones are what was copied for the LTs.

The handmade DG do vary in design and finishing a little. Dave would try stuff and sell his experiments. If he liked what he did he would keep doing it. But the LTs are very consistent except for the MB2s. I think there was a tip opening change on them in the middle of the WWBW run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.