Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This horn actually came to us because I really wanted the mouthpiece it came with, LOL.

But the old reliable Bundy I is NOT a Tenor to be dismissed. They have that great big Buescher tone and are built really well.

The usual treatment here:

Chem bathed
Hand Polished
Dent removal
Replaced 4 pads, the rest are in good shape
Replaced some corks and felts as required
Some tonehole leveling
Some key swedging
Cleaning of rods and screws
Reassembly
Regulating

Original lacquer around 75%, she has some areas of bare brass and spotting here and there. Some lacq crazing here and there where we rolled out some dents. Key plating is in good shape, 90% coverage, a few cups have just a tad of pitting. Neck has lost most of its lacq.
Some resolders were done prior to her arrival here, we cleaned them up a bit as they were structurally sound and correctly located.
Minor dings remain here and there on body and neck. There was a minor-moderate bow dent which we took care of, got geometry down there back into good shape; there is till a tad of waviness at the bowguard. Bell lip also had some flattening which we took care of as well...again object being to get the geometry back; there was some lacq loss at lip during rollout.

So not a looker, but a solid workhorse as these always are, clean and dialed in - and by no means was this a resurrection - the horn arrived to us almost playing up and down. We just took care of what needed to be attended to, really.

Holes level, body plumb, geometry of neck and body are good, keywork and rollers are free, horn blows very nicely and again these sound really good - big and dark and warm.

Good bar horn, backup, or perhaps a gift or donation to a young (or old) player or the like.

Comes with a gigbag.

$249 Paypal standard, US Postal MO, Bank Cashier Check. $225 Paypal F&F method.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
This horn actually came to us because I really wanted the mouthpiece it came with, LOL.

But the old reliable Bundy I is NOT a Tenor to be dismissed. They have that great big Buescher tone and are built really well.

The usual treatment here:

Chem bathed
Hand Polished
Dent removal
Replaced 4 pads, the rest are in good shape
Replaced some corks and felts as required
Some tonehole leveling
Some key swedging
Cleaning of rods and screws
Reassembly
Regulating

Original lacquer around 75%, she has some areas of bare brass and spotting here and there. Some lacq crazing here and there where we rolled out some dents. Key plating is in good shape, 90% coverage, a few cups have just a tad of pitting. Neck has lost most of its lacq.
Some resolders were done prior to her arrival here, we cleaned them up a bit as they were structurally sound and correctly located.
Minor dings remain here and there on body and neck. There was a minor-moderate bow dent which we took care of, got geometry down there back into good shape; there is till a tad of waviness at the bowguard. Bell lip also had some flattening which we took care of as well...again object being to get the geometry back; there was some lacq loss at lip during rollout.

So not a looker, but a solid workhorse as these always are, clean and dialed in - and by no means was this a resurrection - the horn arrived to us almost playing up and down. We just took care of what needed to be attended to, really.

Holes level, body plumb, geometry of neck and body are good, keywork and rollers are free, horn blows very nicely and again these sound really good - big and dark and warm.

Good bar horn, backup, or perhaps a gift or donation to a young (or old) player or the like.

Comes with a gigbag.

$249 Paypal standard, US Postal MO, Bank Cashier Check. $225 Paypal F&F method.
I LOVE these horns! Got three. The newer one, mid 70s? has these weird pads which I'm gonna replace. I've de-lacquered the older two. I'll sell one soon, I hope, so your ad gives me an idea of pricing,
I think these saxes are really good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.