Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Cool! My soprano cost $110.00 when it was brand new.

edit: plus the $7.50 case.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the full 1923 brochure. I've been meaning to make it a project to scan it and provide it to the forum. Just haven't figured out the best way to do that. Any suggestions other than a mass CD mailing?

Here's the front page.
Could you just scan it as a pdf and then link us to it. I would love to see it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Thanks, Grumps. Don't know how I missed this one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Bass Sax Boss
1,815 Posts
Very cool post. Old brochures with prices are always interesting. If only it were a few years later and included the "Tipped bell" Bb soprano and straight alto.

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,209 Posts
Nice Find Grumps!

Thanks for sharing

Charlie

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
Great reading, Grumps! I enjoyed reading the chilling adventures of Commander MacMillan, and I am frankly riveted to learn if ever saxophone broadcasts were transmitted from a frozen in crew on the North Pole...

Interesting too, is that on more than one site i've read that C-melodies were marketed as a cheaper horn for simple parlour fun. But this price list makes clear that they were priced exactly like the other type of horns.

Reine

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've got a 1924 C. G. Conn Saxophones brochure and sales leaflets that came with it... All about the New Wonder horns.

KennyD

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
...and I am frankly riveted to learn if ever saxophone broadcasts were transmitted from a frozen in crew on the North Pole...
They could be heard just above the wild ravings of those eating canned food from lead containers.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I wonder if there's a place on the forum we could put these things, rather than trying to link them to other sites?

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They could be heard just above the wild ravings of those eating canned food from lead containers.
Yes, and actually they all were saxophonists who strangely dragged their horn collections across the Arctic. Unfortunately, they thought the Northwest Passage for which they were seeking, was missing sheet music...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts