Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2016
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the dream painless transaction with Phil for my Classic tenor I thought I'd become an alto owner again.

I went for the Vintage this time in honey gold lacquer. The horn arrived after two and a half weeks because of the Easter holiday. It played beautifully straight out of the case with Phil's HR mouthpiece. Good intonation all over and ergos that suit me as if tailor made. The engraving is nice and the hardshell case is robust with great latches.

I played it today at a country jazz festival and I was very happy with the sound. I haven't gigged on alto for about 10 years but it was much easier to recover "my" alto sound than it has been to discover what my Cmel sound should be.

The Australian dollar is very good against the US peso right now so I guess we'll be seeing more of these horns down under. Certainly my mates at the festival were suitably impressed. One in particular had a good blow on it and wanted one there and then.

·
Banned
97 Posts
I just got one too.

Mine is copper plated, and I love it. It's nice to know what it'll play like when I put down the tenor and pick this up quick The response and ergos are the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts