Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIKING LEGEND SERIES M58 ONE PIECE Curved Neck Soprano is now in production and is in tune, round and dark. They are available in Gold Plate and Silver Plate. The price is $1950.00 for gold plate and $1850.00 for silver. Other finishes available. My goal was to make a horn available in the spirit of the Yamaha 62r .. So far I think the tone quality is on par and the tuning is great. This model has no post rib construction so it vibrates. I'm using the GP sample on gigs now and I love it. I have more on order so please contact me if you have questions. This is a great little soprano. pictures soon....
Rich Maraday
Viking Instruments
845-361-9353

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In Stock gold, silver plate and dark vintage laq. SAX On The Web member Price $1400.00 Dark laq $1500.00 Silver Plate and $1600.00 Gold Plate. I'm very happy as a player how these came out . Very easy to play, in tune and the tone is warm and vibrant. I have owned and played some great sopranos and really think this is right up there and a great choice for players not interested in spending a lot of money on a horn they play a few times on a gig. There is no sacrifice in tone , action or key placement. I loved the Yamaha 62r sop. It played in tune and had a warm sound. I tried to have the factory make a horn with that SOUND in mind. Its not exact key wise more like a new Selmer but it really reminds me of that horn tone,tuning and response plus it does not carry the heavy price tag. There is no post rib construction so the horn vibrates like crazy but is stable and built well. It has adjustment screws on the bottom stack, nice french style floral pattern on the bell, Real white MOP, blue steel springs & Italian pads.
You get a 3 day trial on these horns so your not taking a big chance. Just a 3% restocking fee. My new website is under construction.. I'll have great pictures when it is done.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
I just ordered one of these from Rich, whom I enjoyed talking with on the phone. He seems like a very nice guy!

·
4,370 Posts
Well, the soprano arrived yesterday, and I am very impressed. Finish and build quality are good, intonation is good, and I like the sound better than the Yani S991 or Yamaha 875EX. It's darker and not as "whiney". Ergos remind me of an S991. Engraving is nicely done, and Rich was a pleasure to deal with. Anyone thinking about getting an 82ZR should seriously consider trying one of these and pocketing the $2,500 in change!

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,476 Posts
Well, the soprano arrived yesterday, and I am very impressed. Finish and build quality are good, intonation is good, and I like the sound better than the Yani S991 or Yamaha 875EX. It's darker and not as "whiney". Ergos remind me of an S991. Engraving is nicely done, and Rich was a pleasure to deal with. Anyone thinking about getting an 82ZR should seriously consider trying one of these and pocketing the $2,500 in change!
Joe please make some demos with your new horn.

BB

·
4,370 Posts
I'll leave that to Rich. He really does need to do ones for alto, soprano, and bari, to go with his tenor demo......

·
4,370 Posts
Rich should have some. I don't know how to post any here, as I'm a dinosaur that still has a dumbphone!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered 2 Silver plate and 2 Cognac gold laq. I have one GP in stock ready to be discounted if some one calls me today.845-361-9353

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,612 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,933 Posts
Crap. If I didn't *see* it, I wouldn't have to put it on my "must try" list.

...thanks a lot.
I'm here for ya, Lil' Sax.

Enabling musicians around the world - I can't buy 'em all myself.

All the best to you and yours.

·
1,612 Posts

·
4,370 Posts
I want to hear more about the altos at some point. I'm selling my current alto and will need a replacement when I have the dough. Might be nice to have a Viking alto to go with my soprano....

·
32,933 Posts
VIKING LEGEND SERIES M58 ONE PIECE Curved Neck Soprano is now in production and is in tune, round and dark. They are available in Gold Plate and Silver Plate...

I'm using the GP sample on gigs now and I love it.
How's the gold plate hold up to wear?

When the horn is plated in silver plate, is it thicker than the base under the gold plate, ie "thick silver plate"?

·
1,612 Posts
How's the gold plate hold up to wear?

When the horn is plated in silver plate, is it thicker than the base under the gold plate, ie "thick silver plate"?
Is it lacquered over the plating or bare metal?

·
32,933 Posts
I'm hoping it's "bare" silver - else what's the point?

Mmmmmm, shiny... like a baby Borgani Jubilee.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts