Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow!!! What great horns Rich Maraday is supplying us! Crazy in tune and consistent in tone quality up and down the horn. I'm a 5 octave player and I love that the tone doesn't get thin upstairs. Also the bottom end plops out as easy as I've ever felt.

And Rich is a great guy to deal with. He's only interested in getting you what YOU want, and will be very patient letting you try out different horns. I had a terrific experience buying a tenor M58S from him and look forward to getting an alto and a soprano soon. Thanks Rich!

Eli Love

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No .. ELI is a teacher for a school district in Texas. He purchased a tenor from me and he was satisfied with the product and service and wanted to let people know. I warned him about posting and he wanted to any way. I told you so ELI.. LOL..

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I assume this is an ad for the company.....
My experience with Rich and Viking saxophones is similar to Eli's. I can't speak for anybody else, but for me when I see a guy like Rich taking some real risks and making sacrifices to provide the saxophone community with awesome products, I want to take every opportunity to pay it forward and get the word out. I've been a big Viking fan for years......I'm not even playing one of Rich's tenors at the moment (on a major 10M kick right now), but if I was in the market for a new modern tenor a Viking would honestly be my first choice.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My experience with Rich and Viking saxophones is similar to Eli's. I can't speak for anybody else, but for me when I see a guy like Rich taking some real risks and making sacrifices to provide the saxophone community with awesome products, I want to take every opportunity to pay it forward and get the word out. I've been a big Viking fan for years......I'm not even playing one of Rich's tenors at the moment (on a major 10M kick right now), but if I was in the market for a new modern tenor a Viking would honestly be my first choice.
Thanks Dave..

·
Registered
379 Posts
No ad, just accolades. The M58S NY w/RTH Tenor and M58S Soprano are the real deal. The sound, look and feel for me is awesome. From a whisper to a scream, intonation, eveness of scale, thick resonant core sound, the soprano and tenor possess it all. Rich thanks for putting in the time and effort to get it right for us saxophonist. Loving my M58S's.

·
Registered
Soprano: 1983 Keilwerth Toneking Schenklaars stencil
926 Posts
Deleted irrelevant nonsense that was not even funny.

·
Banned
2,844 Posts
If I were in the market for a new horn I would get a Viking. I have a Swing Sonic that I bought used. I have a whole bunch of tenors. Selmer, B&S, Yani, Yamaha, Martin, Buescher, King, to include other Taiwan made horns. Frankly at this point I wish I just had bought a couple Viking horns and saved the cash. Dont get me wrong I am not saying the Viking is better than some of these others. Its just a very nice horn and priced well. I was once a skeptic.

·
Self confessed GAS monster! Forum Contributor 2013
5,152 Posts
I once had a Viking soprano M58 curved neck for a brief time and decided to move it after a short time, (that's another story), but aside from my thoughts on that soprano I am still open minded and I would be curious to try a Viking tenor as they sound and look interesting and I only seen and heard good things about the tenor saxes and fellow members sound great on them.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
HI IANSAX,

The first generation of sopranos could play very well if set up right. I believe the second and third generation to be much better. I'm available to talk if you are interested in a tenor. Thank you..

I once had a Viking soprano M58 curved neck for a brief time and decided to move it after a short time, (that's another story), but aside from my thoughts on that soprano I am still open minded and I would be curious to try a Viking tenor as they sound and look interesting and I only seen and heard good things about the tenor saxes and fellow members sound great on them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If I were in the market for a new horn I would get a Viking. I have a Swing Sonic that I bought used. I have a whole bunch of tenors. Selmer, B&S, Yani, Yamaha, Martin, Buescher, King, to include other Taiwan made horns. Frankly at this point I wish I just had bought a couple Viking horns and saved the cash. Dont get me wrong I am not saying the Viking is better than some of these others. Its just a very nice horn and priced well. I was once a skeptic.
Just a word. I'm a B&S fan. Also King. Also other Taiwanese horns. I've had my Viking M60 Valkyrie 3 days and it is a supercharged tenor sax. At some point I'll write something hopefully intelligent about it but for now it seems to have such a wonderful sound - perfect, for me, balance of bright and dark and focus and spread. The qualities I love in my B&S plus just more. More resonance, more buzz, warmth and power. It's a pretty special tenor. I wouldn't wait too long!! I'm glad I jumped on Rich's summer sale!!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Just wondering- is there anywhere in the northern Virginia/DC area where I could try some Viking saxes out?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,616 Posts
I assume this is an ad for the company.....
I've heard lots of great things about Viking too, but when you see a review like that and it is the person's first post here… well, that will make people wonder.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've heard lots of great things about Viking too, but when you see a review like that and it is the person's first post here… well, that will make people wonder.
I understand. But you can follow my posts over the years - not a Viking marketer at all. More a P Mauriat and B&S Blue Label player with a lengthy affair with a Maxsax Mac 8. But I've owned Viking's earliest horns, after talking to people at Saxquest and tenor madness who thought his M40 was the exceptional Taiwanese horn at that point. This new one, the Valkyrie just happens to suit me exceptionally well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.