Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a video tour link of the Michael Brecker Archive at William Paterson University that Louis Gerrits just posted on Facebook this morning. This is so great to watch. I wish I could spend a few days in this room listening to recordings and taking photos of charts and Brecker's notebooks with my iPhone (not even sure if that is allowed) That would be amazing! Check it out!

http://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019/...ecker-archive-at-william-paterson-university/

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I wish I could spend a few days in this room listening to recordings and taking photos of charts and Brecker's notebooks with my iPhone (not even sure if that is allowed)[/url]
I wish they'd put it online. Some of us can't make it up there, and many of us would love to dig into his practice notebooks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I enjoyed the video tour, thanks for posting that here.
Dave Demsey is doing a great job at the archive, I like his humour too.
I contacted him at the William Patterson archive with some questions about the details of Michael Brecker's mouthpieces that are displayed at the archive--I wanted to know the tip opening of Mike Brecker's DR Link.
Dave Demsey replied with an interesting email that had lots of great details about Mike's pieces, he said he is going to include these details on the archive site, but here are a few of the things he offered, if you click on the photos on the archive site you can correspond the item numbers # there to the details here..
Michael Brecker Archive: Mouthpieces

Otto Link 50s-vintage STM “double line” 5, opened up - #75 of collection D18; “Freddie Gregory 1.2.1991” on side; corner repair, opened (to 8?)

Otto Link 60s-vintage STM “no USA” 5, opened via bevelled table - #74 Table bevelled, re-angled in “Butt cut” to open facing (to 8?)

Otto Link 70s-vintage STM “USA” 7* - #38 “KJB 10/6/03” on side; “Tenney Hollywood Custom” on shank

Otto Link 80s-90s vintage 7 (number on shank) - #39 Chamber opened, enlarged

Dukoff (70s) H7 – 45 - #60

Guardala custom model (no markings) – performance piece - #50
Guardala Pilgrimagemouthpiece – from case, loaned [not in collection] – (no markings)

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
The chosen one cannot be archived because he is eternal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL! "Eternal" is an interesting choice of words, Steve!
Thanks for posting that link yesterday! Man, what fascinating stuff. I could spend an eternity (haha) there looking over the Thad Jones and Brecker stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts