Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Here's a video from a gig I did this past weekend. In this one we're playing Mulgrew Miller's "The Eleventh Hour" and I...took it pretty far out. Sometimes it just feels good to do that and just plain works! Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I don't think it was that far out... I mean, think of what Albert Ayler (or even Ornette) would have done with it. I could hear the changes and intentions, you guys are playing your asses off BTW.

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
You sound fantastic!
Whether it’s in or it’s out, or it’s out or it’s in.....it’s Dave Pollack, and that’s phenomenal!

·
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,430 Posts
Yeah, it was good, and you have to go where the music takes you. That's what makes it jazz.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,581 Posts
Great stuff. I'd punctuate with an exclamation, but a coffee spill has apparently disabled the top two rows of my keyboard...

·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You sound fantastic!
Whether it’s in or it’s out, or it’s out or it’s in.....it’s Dave Pollack, and that’s phenomenal!
Thanks my man! It's interesting that a lot of the people that love jumping in on my other threads are always quiet when I post a gig video ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts