Sax on the Web Forum banner

441 - 443 of 443 Posts

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Yeah, they have one at Sax-On here and when I picked it up I almost hit myself in the face with it, it's so unexpectedly light. Felt like a toy saxophone but I didn't play it. Maybe next time I go there I will just for the hell of it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,855 Posts
Yeah, they have one at Sax-On here and when I picked it up I almost hit myself in the face with it, it's so unexpectedly light. Felt like a toy saxophone but I didn't play it. Maybe next time I go there I will just for the hell of it.
Oh, definitely give it a go. From the very beginning of this thread I was rather skeptical (though my link to an e-bay PVC "saxophone" no longer works), but it was a blast to play. I was able to pop out some altissimo and get a modern sound out of it, and it was truly surprising. As for evenness of scale, I wasn't entirely focused on that, as I was just having fun with it. But I did speak to a tech at the show (not sure if he wants to go on record) who pointed out that the metal sleeve going into the neck (put on there I suppose as reinforcement so you don't split the neck trying to get a mouthpiece on it) cuts into the neck bore which throws off the intonation of the top end. As I said in another thread, if my girlfriend had $475 on her... I might have bought it.

441 - 443 of 443 Posts