Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i've been playing tenor saxophone for about a year, so i want to try a new mouthpiece (change my yamaha 4c) and i was thinking of a vandoren v16 t6 HR.
What do you guys think? Is it a good option?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I used a T8 for several yrs & am using a T9 now & I love it. The T6 sounds good for you. Like anything musical, try it first, & check with Vandoren or Dansr for the facing curve info to help your decision.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The V16 Ebonite is a great piece. A T6 is what I started with, moved to a T8 for a while, and just went to a T9 couple of weeks ago and played a loud Blues gig on it last Saturday. It blew me away and I got a lot of compliments on my sound.

The T6 would be a good step from the Yamaha 4C. It does have a bit of resistance though, I would imagine somewhat similar to the 4C. A great piece that gives a lot for a comparably small cost. As mentioned already, they do have a fairly high beak, so it might take a little time to get use to. For me they are the most comfortable pieces I have played, but everyone's physiology is different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts