Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a ligature for my v16. there are no music stores around where I live so a can't go and try a bunch. My alto hr ligature somewhat fits, but it's small. What size ligature should I look for? Probably an hr tenor?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes, try an HR tenor. I have one at home, I’ll try with my V16 bari to see what works

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have one coming in today. I have a number of different ligatures around, so I'll chime in later this evening on what worked.

Edit: Oops, turns out it was a Tenor piece I had coming in sorry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's no longer working to access wwbw.com from the EU (weird).
Anyway, I am also playing the V16 baritone piece and the Optimum ligature that fits is actually the HR TENOR Optimum. The Baritone HR Optimum lig that Vandoren sells is really the tenor lig with only a larger cap ;-)

·
Registered
715 Posts
It's no longer working to access wwbw.com from the EU (weird).
Anyway, I am also playing the V16 baritone piece and the Optimum ligature that fits is actually the HR TENOR Optimum. The Baritone HR Optimum lig that Vandoren sells is really the tenor lig with only a larger cap ;-)
Yep, the HR Tenor Optimum ligature fits the V16 baritone piece like a glove.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The tenor Optimum fits perfectly, also a Compass by Lakey and the right size Rovner. The Rovner website has a fitting chart for mp's and lig model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts