Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I heard a very interesting rumor about vandoren possibly making a V16 Metal Bari Mouthpiece later this summer. If I am behind, at the moment, and they are currently available, please forgive me. I would be extremely interested in getting a metal Bari sax MP and have a rubber V16 for alto and soprano; of course when I can afford to buy a Bari and Soprano. Thankyou.

·
Banned
333 Posts
I was hanging out with my friend, David Gould, ("Mr. Vandoren", the guy that runs the NY Vandoren Studio) last nite & asked him about this.

Not happening, to his knowledge. What he does know is that they have been talking about a V16 HARD RUBBER bari, but there isn't even a prototype yet, they havent even started one, so its going to be awhile.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Selmer's_glu said:
I was hanging out with my friend, David Gould, ("Mr. Vandoren", the guy that runs the NY Vandoren Studio) last nite & asked him about this.

Not happening, to his knowledge. What he does know is that they have been talking about a V16 HARD RUBBER bari, but there isn't even a prototype yet, they havent even started one, so its going to be awhile.

hope this helps

Tell him to tell them to get their $h!+ together.

thank you in advance,
From all the baritone players who are always the last to get any cool new toys.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,057 Posts
I picked up a copy of the Vandoren brochure recently and it advertises a baritone V16 in ebonite in three sizes as being availible during 2009.

I haven't seen anything yet - has anyone else ?

Rhys

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,423 Posts
Not sure why they need to bring out the V16's for bari, when the V5 B75's are so good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts