Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into a better mpc for my alto as of late, and have been looking into a Vandoren V16. Currently, I play on a Yamaha 4C with 2.5 Java Greens/ZZ reeds, which has a very bright tone, and I'm trying to go for something on the warmer side. I'm hoping to stick with 2.5 Greens/ZZs, but am not sure what the best option for a tip opening would be to produce something closer to the sound I like. Right now I'm in between looking at an A5S+ and an A6S+, but I haven't really seen much comparing and contrasting the two; here seemed like my best bet for hopefully a couple helpful and informative reviews. Which should I go with if I'm looking for a darker piece while using 2.5 reeds? Also, I'm hoping to buy from saxquest.com, and they have the option of a medium chamber too. How's the ease of play on these, and should I consider buying one of those instead? Tomorrow I'm gonna drive around to a few places to try out some Meyers, too, but in case none of them work out, I want to have a V16 option on the ready. Thanks all! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts