Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a Vandoren Optimum HR tenor ligature on my baritone HR Berg Larson 110/3 sms mpc. Seems to be a perfect fit. Anyone else doing this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Yep - I use this lig on both my Jody Jazz DV and Drake resin bari pieces but I think I have the one that is sized for the Vandoren V16 Metal tenor piece. IMO one of the best ligs out there for the money.

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,214 Posts
Makes sense as I use to use a Vandoren Optimum Alto lig on my berg tenor mpc when I played that.

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,214 Posts
Yep - I use this lig on both my Jody Jazz DV and Drake resin bari pieces but I think I have the one that is sized for the Vandoren V16 Metal tenor piece. IMO one of the best ligs out there for the money.
Quick question as I also do have a Drake (Contemporary Crossover II) for Baritone - which Tenor Optimum Lig are you using - The one for a Metal Tenor or Hard Rubber Tenor?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Quick question as I also do have a Drake (Contemporary Crossover II) for Baritone - which Tenor Optimum Lig are you using - The one for a Metal Tenor or Hard Rubber Tenor?
The Drake takes the HR tenor size (Vandoren P/N LC08P) and the JJDV the metal tenor V16 size (Vandoren P/N LC080M or LC080P - the "M" has the metal cap and the "P" a plastic cap).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts