Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2017
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know what size Optimum would fit a Jodi Jazz DV tenor mouthpiece? Would the one for a V16 metal work?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,391 Posts
I tried the lig for the v16 and it was a little too big,I think you could make it work with some "fitting" but out of the box it was just a little too big.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BH.

I'd like to get a good metal lig for the DV, and I like the Optimums, but maybe they're just not made with a small enough taper. I'm guessing the V16 lig is the narrowest.

·
Registered
139 Posts
FredC --

I know what you are going thru. I have found the best gold lig for the JJ DV is the Theo Wanne Enlightened ligature. I use one on my JJ DVNY (alto) and I love it. Check Theo's site for the size. They are expensive, but I believe worth it.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FredC --

I know what you are going thru. I have found the best gold lig for the JJ DV is the Theo Wanne Enlightened ligature. I use one on my JJ DVNY (alto) and I love it. Check Theo's site for the size. They are expensive, but I believe worth it.
Thanks arobi. I'm also looking at the Rovner Titanium. But man, the prices. Some money-for-toys is coming my way soon; guess that's were a bit will go (save it for a rainy day--nope. I don't have enough rainy days left).

·
Registered
139 Posts
FredC --

I have tried the Rovner Platinum. First was a soprano on the JJ DVNY alto, then the alto metal. The soprano actually fit better, but the lig was not put together well enough to hold. Had to send it back, as it was coming apart (where the platinum is squeezed into the gold bars). Rovner repaired it and returned it, but still not perfect. The alto lig is rather large. It fits, but barely (you have to tighten it all the way). The Platinum looks great on the gold, but I still prefer the Theo Wanne.

Both are expensive. For me, the Theo Wanne Enlightened lig is built to last.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've been using a V16 optimum lig on my JJDV 10 for over two years. Fits perfect and plays better than any other lig I've tried.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts