Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Two questions:

What are your thoughts on the Vandoren Jumbo Java (Blue) mouthpiece (A35)?

Should you be able to play a new mouthpiece right out of the box?

Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Well if it doesn’t play right out of the box for you then move that on quickly. They sell for insane money. If you really want to try one buy a new black one.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have been looking for information on the blue Java and blue Jumbo Java and the differences between. Why are the. I rage pieces so expensive? Cult factor or playing qualities? (Also wonder why the tenor pieces don't have the same status.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Load Previous
Damien Sagbo
Join: Dec 2010

about 12 hours ago · #41
Hi every one,

I use the jumbo java alto since severals years and i have owned 2 blue jumbo java (A55 and A45) and now since 3 years i play on a black one A45. If that can help, the black one are more well faced than the blue one and play with more depth. I am a french saxophonist since 35 years and 2 years ago i have visited the Vandoren mouthpiece factory and i had the opportunity to ask to the boss the difference between the blue jumbo java and the black. He said " there is absolutely no difference in therm of geometric concept, the only difference is the blue one were made with resin and the black with hard rubber" Also he said, the black one are faced with diamond machine it s more accuracy and constant. I know that the blue jumbo java are over priced just because Warren Will play on one. I am sure that if Warren try to play on black one, he could get his own soud. I can say that the black jumbo java A45 that i play now is better than the blue one. It s more darker. Its what the boss of Vandoren factory told me also because the hard rubber retain more the high frequencies than the resin.
During end of 80 s Vandore made some blue and red resin mouthpieces for fun and fashion variety music funk...that all. The result of the black jumbo vs blue is absolutely the same except the black one are better shaped and darker in sound.
It s just my opinion after my long experience with these both mouthpieces.
5 / 5

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow, Damien. Thank you for that very personal experience. That answers all questions, right there.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,385 Posts
Thank you for the clarity.
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Load Previous
Damien Sagbo

about 12 hours ago · #41
Hi every one,

I use the jumbo java alto since severals years and i have owned 2 blue jumbo java (A55 and A45) and now since 3 years i play on a black one A45. If that can help, the black one are more well faced than the blue one and play with more depth. I am a french saxophonist since 35 years and 2 years ago i have visited the Vandoren mouthpiece factory and i had the opportunity to ask to the boss the difference between the blue jumbo java and the black. He said " there is absolutely no difference in therm of geometric concept, the only difference is the blue one were made with resin and the black with hard rubber" Also he said, the black one are faced with diamond machine it s more accuracy and constant. I know that the blue jumbo java are over priced just because Warren Will play on one. I am sure that if Warren try to play on black one, he could get his own soud. I can say that the black jumbo java A45 that i play now is better than the blue one. It s more darker. Its what the boss of Vandoren factory told me also because the hard rubber retain more the high frequencies than the resin.
During end of 80 s Vandore made some blue and red resin mouthpieces for fun and fashion variety music funk...that all. The result of the black jumbo vs blue is absolutely the same except the black one are better shaped and darker in sound.
5 / 5

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,385 Posts
Thank you for the clarity.
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Load Previous
Damien Sagbo

about 12 hours ago · #41
Hi every one,

5 / 5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts