Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired one of these (Java T55 (not the jumbo one, the regular one)), I like the balanced sound and overall response. Definitely going to keep playing it for a while.

Curious, for the people that are or have played on these mouthpieces, what reeds did you like with it?

I was playing bright reeds before on my Saxscape .102 like green java, Riggotti Gold, orange Rico. I got some red java (3) to try on the Java, for me it seems like the unfiled cut lost a bit of the bite in the lower register. However, I was playing mostly unfiled reeds for a long time.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
4,680 Posts
I recently acquired one of these (Java T55 (not the jumbo one, the regular one)), I like the balanced sound and overall response. Definitely going to keep playing it for a while.

Curious, for the people that are or have played on these mouthpieces, what reeds did you like with it?

I was playing bright reeds before on my Saxscape .102 like green java, Riggotti Gold, orange Rico. I got some red java (3) to try on the Java, for me it seems like the unfiled cut lost a bit of the bite in the lower register. However, I was playing mostly unfiled reeds for a long time.
I haven't played one(T95) in about 20 years but I used Queen reeds on mine.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Maybe I'll give those a go, or some of the Roberto's reeds.

*** Update: I lined up a bunch of reeds i was using and play tested them and put them in order best to worst. Most all were okay, I had some green Java, Rigotti Gold, and Rico Select Jazz unfiled in there. After I got done, I had 2-3 really good ones so I was pleased. Out of curiosity, I looked the brand and the top two were both Rico Select Jazz. Those had really nice response for me on that mouthpiece! ***

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'm actually playing a Java T55 again and find ZZ 3 reeds sound and play good. Also, like the Optimum ligature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts