Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of these that has been around then block and had to be reconditioned. Its a great playing piece but I notice it is a long bodied Link with the Super in italics. Do these have any more worth than any other modern link or does it stand with any other run of the mill modern Link that has been reworked?

Seems there are endless variations of Links!

thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Mouthpiece Maker
1,816 Posts
You've had better luck than I, I've never seen one of these that played properly. I don't know about market value, but it would be irrational for these to be worth more than any current Link, the internal dimensions are substantially the same. They do often make marginally better blanks for refacing, though, as they're usually a bit wider at the tip than the current issue.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is wide, even without thinning the rails extra. I was working on it today. Its seen some play, that is for sure. All in all its a really nice player. Thanks Morgan.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Hi Phil,

Is this the one you were talking about? It is in the very last picture of metal Links, the 3rd picture from the bottom of the web page. http://www.theowanne.com/mouthpieces101/OttoLink.php If so I guess that means it was made sometime in the 80's according to Theo. Interesting that these are claiming a higher value... Does it have any different characteristics internally than the current run?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts