Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old Junior High Sax, the music store wouldn't take it with some mould on the valves, what shall I do?

Thanks
Shawn

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,366 Posts
Saxophones don’t have valves but keys and probably you either mean that there is mould on the leather of the pad or maybe there is green oxidation of the brass.

Either way your saxophone is pone of the most common around and, although is a good instrument, is not worth much even at the best of times and in perfect playing state.

If you have any sentimental reason to overhaul it you may do that but there is hardly any point to do that if you intend to sell it.

If the latter is the case then sell cheap as a project horn or a decorative item.

These fall in the category of the horns that cost more to overhaul than they are or will ever be worth.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
You'll get the best price selling to an individual, not a store or pawn shop. Since the condition was too poor for the store to accept and clearly needs some work due to the "mould", you could probably expect $100-$300 for an old Bundy depending on type (alto, tenor, etc.). If you google "Bundy Alto" on craigslist, you'll find many listings of ones in good condition going for around $100. A store would give you a lot less than that. If it were my horn, I'd just give it to a school.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts