Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine is in some trouble with the police (DWI) and needs $$
He offered me his couf suberba 1 alto horn for $800, i have the money and want to help him but don't want and can't afford to keep it i would most likely just look to sell it here or on ebay and get my money back do you think i'll have a hard time with this and get stuck with a very nice horn but one I can't keep?

It has a high F# and the laquer is better than 90%
i'd appreciate any advice
thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
All the shiny lacquer in the world really doesn't matter. How does it play? If it plays well and doesn't need much work, then $800 would be a steal.

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
Finnerski said:
All the shiny lacquer in the world really doesn't matter. How does it play? If it plays well and doesn't need much work, then $800 would be a steal.
That's exactly true.

But I thought this thread was going to be about suburbia!

suburbia is a great place to practice: everyone's gone far away in the daytime

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the reply'
i'm not really looking to steal it just help out a friend
I may wind up trying to sell it here I really can only afford to front this money for a week or two please PM if you think you might be interested

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Dude, I would be very interested. Unfortunately the wife will lose interest elswhere (?) if I would be crazy enough to buy it. If you want to sell it, put it up in the marketplace area before the moderators catch you trying to sell it in this thread. If you want to sell it fast, better include pictures and a good description of it. I think at $800 bucks someone will jump on it fast. Also read the seller rules before you post because I've seen too many people get jumped on by not following those very specific selling rules. Good luck, and good luck to your friend too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again

thanks again
i certainly don't mean to make the sax G-ds angry at me just spread some good karma
have a great day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts