Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been given a King Zephyr Alto from one of my relatives Via my dad, it definitely needs all pads replaced and maybe more, i am curious on how to figure out exactly what year it is and such, so any help would be of assistance, i play tenor but i am looking into getting this one re-padded and such

but im curious as to the projected value of one of these, its in the original case and everything

thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,612 Posts
S/N range and pictures would help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright the serial number is 265XXX im loading up some pictures at the moment, but my camera's battery is dead so i hope the ipod pictures come out decent

·
1,612 Posts
You may want to edit your post and replace the S/N with something like 265XXX.
I believe that S/N puts you in the early 1940's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, from the story i have, my great uncle was in the air force band and traveled all over the place with this thing around the time of WW2

·
1,612 Posts
Assuming there are no major defects and that it has all its original parts, in it's current condition the horn is probably worth at least $700. Overhauled it could be worth $1100-$1800.

WorldWideSax has a few for sale here that you could use as a point of reference.

Junkdude has one has one for sale as well.

·
1,612 Posts
FWIW - I think the horn is worth fixing up just for being a solid American made horn. If it belonged to my grandfather, and I had a chance to get it fixed up and play it, I wouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was planning on getting a quote on getting it overhauled after i air it out a bit, i dont think i could sell it haha, i have always loved alto too as i started out on alto then moved to tenor, so thanks for the info it will hopefully be overhauled soon

·
1,612 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright that sounds about right according to my dads records,

Is there a model number on these? I can't seem to find any pictures of the same style one, the only pictures I see are of the military ones from this area

I know on my Buesher tenor the serial number and model number are right near the right thumb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.