Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have a meyer mouthpieces and a friend is buying for me a Vandoren Optimum ligature. by the way im talking about my alto sax. I just wanted to know if that ligature goes all right with my meyer.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
If it fits it should be ok. The Optimum does not work with all mouthpieces because the angle of the lig can be different from the angle of the mouthpiece. I don't know how to explain this better, but you might have issues with the lig not tightening completely on the mouthpiece.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know a guy who plays the optimum/meyer combo, works very well. He gets a great sound out of this setup. Uses it on a silver mark vii alto, with a modern meyer 8m piece.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
187 Posts
No problem!

I've found that the Optimum lig on a Meyer mpc is just about the ideal set-up for my altos. I've used the combination for over a year now and have had absolutely no problems; good results with it on all my horns – and an especially nice dark sound on my Ref 54.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Yup, the Optimums are great, and with the three interchangable plates, if you don't like he way that it responds, you can change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts