Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for any useful information.
Working out a setup to use electronics via the pickup and a regular mic for picking up the usual signal. Kind of a newb to this stuff, but what I’m looking for is an easy way to switch between probably three channels:

Pickup on/ mic off

Pickup on/ mic on

Pickup off/ mic on

I figure there must be a selector of sorts to avoid the hassle and potential mishaps of trying to mute and un-mute three different things on the fly in a live setting.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
A friend of mine used to fade in/out the pickup (which went into a effect unit) with a volume pedal. If he wanted only the pickup/effect, he just walked away from the mic. Sort of oldschool solution, but it worked perfectly.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine used to fade in/out the pickup (which went into a effect unit) with a volume pedal. If he wanted only the pickup/effect, he just walked away from the mic. Sort of oldschool solution, but it worked perfectly.
Good recommendation! I want to be able to blend them together sometimes though. I’ve been thinking about two volume pedals. Never used one: do they have an off position/ stomp switch too, or just a range where it’s almost off but not quite?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts