Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have good experiece with amati AAS 32 entry model. It had not so good intonation but astonishing vibes on 1 octave G ~ B keys
If 83 pro lines got that vibes on overall keys, it would be my dream horn
Brand new 83t alto horn is 2900$ and used 83t alto horn is 1700$ on korean shop.
As you expect. it`s not popular at all. used 83t sold at 1200$ on PTP market.
some pro musician told me amati is very hard to do Altissimo keys
I don`t know they`d played amati 83 pro lines
Yamaha 280 and 62 lines rule korean market. Too many cheap and reasonable chinese horns
I have no fun with their clear and light sound. I will have trouble on resale Amati pro horn.
But good memory of Amati vibes attract me so hard.
I need adivce, thanks

AAS 83t

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Amati have been around since 1946 and are the biggest manufacturer of woodwind instruments in Europe. Amati manufacture 'some' of the Keilwerth horns and parts for others. Go and play-test at your local music store and make your decision based upon your experience. Make sure you take a few reeds of different makes and of course your preferred mouthpiece.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,560 Posts
all true and the Bravour series of Amati is certainly a very good sax... BUT...With that budget you can certainly have a wider range of choices, although I know that in Korea the choice of saxophones is rather limited ( and there may be import taxes limiting the buying abroad) .

Apparently Amati has been just bought again from another consortium of buyers, they may give impulse to the brand or not. They have been involved for a very short time in a project producing a saxophone for a British company ( they also produced brass instrument ) but selling a sax at £9000 is a very tough thing to do and after a couple of years they seem to have parted ways .

This may cause a certain amount of these saxophones to reach the market at favorable prices.

I know of a Taiwanese brand that has regular contacts in South Korea, if you are interested I may put you in touch

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,091 Posts
1700 for a used Amati Alto? I wouldnt put my money there unless I had played it against a bunch of horns and was in love with it. As Milandro says...there are a lot of alto choices for that kind of cash. Im not bashing the brad but I would say that down the road if you intend to sell or trade it you will likely be looking at significant losses. I dont know your market but 1700 for a used alto is not a small amount in most. Id expand my search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amati have been around since 1946 and are the biggest manufacturer of woodwind instruments in Europe. Amati manufacture 'some' of the Keilwerth horns and parts for others. Go and play-test at your local music store and make your decision based upon your experience. Make sure you take a few reeds of different makes and of course your preferred mouthpiece.
It`s true amati got so long history. since the dark ages? but I have no idea, the red amati got high quality horns during 60~90s.
Covid make me hard to visit local shop and there are few 83t horns. I will keep your tip in mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all true and the Bravour series of Amati is certainly a very good sax... BUT...With that budget you can certainly have a wider range of choices, although I know that in Korea the choice of saxophones is rather limited ( and there may be import taxes limiting the buying abroad) .

Apparently Amati has been just bought again from another consortium of buyers, they may give impulse to the brand or not. They have been involved for a very short time in a project producing a saxophone for a British company ( they also produced brass instrument ) but selling a sax at £9000 is a very tough thing to do and after a couple of years they seem to have parted ways .

This may cause a certain amount of these saxophones to reach the market at favorable prices.

I know of a Taiwanese brand that has regular contacts in South Korea, if you are interested I may put you in touch
Amati £9000?? It must be kidding.
I like taiwan horns. I have Jupiter student model. it`s nice horn with good intonation but no thrill for me.
There`r some korean OEM brands made in taiwan. I think they`s better than chinese but crazy price over 3000$
Cannonball is expensive. Lienchengs... never heard about it.
what do you recommand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1700 for a used Amati Alto? I wouldnt put my money there unless I had played it against a bunch of horns and was in love with it. As Milandro says...there are a lot of alto choices for that kind of cash. Im not bashing the brad but I would say that down the road if you intend to sell or trade it you will likely be looking at significant losses. I dont know your market but 1700 for a used alto is not a small amount in most. Id expand my search.
yea i know, 1700$ will be feeding.
I am in impulsive rush. That amati vibes....

·
39,560 Posts
Amati £9000?? It must be kidding.
I like taiwan horns. I have Jupiter student model. it`s nice horn with good intonation but no thrill for me.
There`r some korean OEM brands made in taiwan. I think they`s better than chinese but crazy price over 3000$
Cannonball is expensive. Lienchengs... never heard about it.
what do you recommand?

Well, Not all Taiwanese horns are the same there isn’t a “ Taiwanese “ sax sound. There are indeed OEM Taiwanese horns sold in Taiwan, my friend in Taiwan has Korean cliekts.

Yes, Oldroyd Lineage were (are??? it is not clear if the brand has ceased to be owned by this company ) made by Amati and were very expensive

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, Not all Taiwanese horns are the same there isn’t a “ Taiwanese “ sax sound. There are indeed OEM Taiwanese horns sold in Taiwan, my friend in Taiwan has Korean cliekts.

Yes, Oldroyd Lineage were (are??? it is not clear if the brand has ceased to be owned by this company ) made by Amati and were very expensive

Wow... looks like old treasure. That is 9000$ horn OEMed by Amati. I think 9000$ horns should have own factory and pedigree.[/QUOTE]

·
39,560 Posts

@SaxFromK you wrote your reply within the quote box, if you do that your reply is invisible

·
39,560 Posts
yes, several people have taken to do this since the new format, and they apparently never realize that in doing so the message becomes incorporated (with no way to tell) in the quote which , on top of this, collapses to be expanded .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts