Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've enquired them about YAS23 recently. This was their reply:
We have several 23’s in stock.

Two in the $550 range that show definite signs of use and two in the $750 range that are in great shape cosmetically.

All will shipped in top playing condition. Shipping in the US is $45.00
Now, I dont want to spend any extra bucks on repairs if i go for the $750 horn..

Anyone bought any used horns from them? Any experiences ?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,811 Posts
they are a very reputable establishment

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought new horn from them (Yani tenor t992), excellent horn, excellent service.
thanks for input.. but a new horn is a different story altogether.. i'm asking if its a good idea to buy used horns from them.. are they delivered in working condition (as they claim) or do the horns need further repair ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have not purchased any horns there yet, but I have been to the shop twice to play test horns and found them to be in fantastic playing condition. The setup and adjustment on the two horns that I tried were stellar. I was planning on getting my daughter one of the YAS-23s from them at the end of the month. Its a long drive for me so I have to plan ahead when I am doing this. I am guessing that if you take one of YAS-23 it will narrow my choices down when I go there. I went there, and plan on purchasing there because they were highly recommended by a few of the sax players I know up my way. You are in good hands with USAHorn. ( let me know which YAS you take please.)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
I bought a used clarinet from them many years ago. They called me to say that they found a crack in the body of the horn that I bought and that they would replace the clarinet with another in better condition that was free of cracks. I also bought a new Serie III tenor from them.

Highly recommended.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,107 Posts
I hear they're great if you make a purchase. They weren't great when I was looking to sell about 12 years ago. Very NY/NJ, shrewd, focused on the main chance. "What range of Mark VI is it?" This was after I'd mentioned it was a Chu tenor. I could hear the *sigh* over the phone.

I also got a defensive email from one of the guys after posting on usenet (in positive terms!) about what a fun afternoon I'd had at the store.

This is the late '90s we're talking now - probably water under the bridge really - but if you aren't simpatico with that NY/NJ business culture, expect some bumps.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Now, I dont want to spend any extra bucks on repairs if i go for the $750 horn..
USA Horn clearly stated in their email reply to you that, which ever horn you choose, it will be shipped in top playing condition.

fwiw,I bought a Yani A990u listed as mint from them, and it really was.
Of course it was in top play condition as well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Very good shop. I've bought two horns from them and would do so again. They went out of their way to find a Yani S981 (no high G Key) sop for me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,461 Posts
I fully understand a potential customer seeking references. I think this is one area that sow shines.

·
Über Geek, Forum Contributor 2010 Distinguished SO
3,841 Posts
I bought my main gigging baritone from USA Horn back in, um... 2001 I think. It was a great deal, and their service was superb. They even managed to get the horn to me (in Californa) a day ahead of time.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
314 Posts
Went to New Jersey in May (to see Sonny Rollins). I stopped by to try horns (about 7-8 vintage and 2 new ones). All of them were in working order. Ended up buying a Yanagisawa. Very smooth transaction. Highly recommended.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts