Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning up a Florida Otto Link Super Tone Master 6* today because I am considering selling it. It appears to be nickel plated and does not have the USA stamp on the bottom of the shank. In the corner below the 6* stamp next to the table, there are 4 small dots arranged in a square configuration. Also below the 6* stamp there are 2 larger dots. Has anyone else seen these additions around their no USA Links and could this be an indication of a special model? Theo said he has never seen this. Link owners please check your No USA models. THANKS

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a little brighter and buzzier than your standard Florida Link. It is actually nickle plate, not worn gold like these tend to become. A comparison to a stock Link from this same era might tell something about a different design.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I have a No USA, USA, and EB (as well as a bunch of other more modern Links). I would say the the no USA is more granular (buzzier, but more complex). Personally, it's my main piece. It's actually closer in tone quality to the EB but with the smoother corners of the Florida.

My no USA is pretty stock and fairly untarnished (still has most of the plating and looks almos new). Are you in the Boston area?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry that I am not near you Swampcabbage which is also called "hearts of palm" down here. Some investigation has given the information that this was probably a special order mouthpiece. It measures .108" even though it is marked 6* and the facing measurements are not standard Link.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
Interesting. If you are thinking of selling, please post here. Maybe I'll look you up next time I have to go to Disney World. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts