Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all--
I just purchased a Vandoren TL3 mouthpiece and am looking to get the Rovner Versa ligature as I have with my alto - but I'm offered two options for hard rubber mouthpieces and I honestly don't know which would fit the TL3. For hard rubber mouthpieces the Rovner offerers: Fits slim hard rubber mpcs and fits most hard rubber mpcs. I am leaning towards the "most hard rubber mpcs" size because the slim might be too small, but I've also heard the mpc is fairly slim for tenor. I don't know which to get! Any suggestions from owning the TL3 or Rovner ligatures to help me get the correct fit? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Standard HR sized Rovers should fit, especially with the Versa (which has that metal plate). I will say though, the taper of the mouthpiece makes it ill suited to work with Rovners and getting even pressure applied to the reed. If I may suggest, consider the M/O ligature as an alternative, it is a flawless fit.

Edit: Welcome to SOTW!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thank you for your reply and suggestion! I will definitely have to look into the Vandoren ligatures. I was just thinking along the lines of a good quality, but "cheaper" fare since I was just asked to play tenor for my school's orchestra next semester; but seeing as I have my own set up for it, I might as well go for the gold for any future tenor gigs. Sorry for my late response! And thank you for the warm welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.